About Sierra Systems
Sierra Systems was founded in 1966 and has grown over its near half-century of existence by its dedication to meeting the information technology challenges facing our clients. Today through its parent company, The Sierra-Cedar Group, Inc. (Sierra-Cedar), Sierra Systems is the largest privately held IT services firm in North America.
Sierra Systems delivers unparalleled results to our US clients by offering a full range of management consulting, systems integration and managed services tailored to the unique needs of State and Local Government. Our full service solutions for the public sector include:
- Management Consulting - We have proven skills and methods through which we provide visioning, strategy development, business process transformation and change management solutions. We fully support, and in some cases define, industry standards and best practices.
- Systems Integration - We deliver a full array of integration and implementation services, including vendor selection, project planning, and software integration. In the process we assist you in realizing operational efficiencies, while removing redundant and unmanaged operation and information silos which can seriously reduce business performance.
- Managed Services - We provide a comprehensive suite of managed services offerings – from infrastructure management consulting, to staff augmentation, to the full management of the life cycle of an application. This may include taking full responsibility for that application, freeing your resources and personnel so they can focus on their core skill sets.
- Business Intelligence - We maintain a dedicated Business Intelligence (BI) practice that has a long history of successfully completing projects that meet or exceed our client's business goals. The practice boasts numerous highly-qualified BI specialists spread across North America with a concentration of resources in our BI Center of Excellence. Through our extensive project experience and proven development methodology executed by some of the most highly qualified resources in the industry, Sierra Systems can help your organization realize its BI vision.
- Oracle PeopleSoft - We provide a range of services to help organizations leverage their investment in Oracle PeopleSoft business solutions and products. Whether implementing new applications, upgrading existing ones, or needing application management services, we have the experienced people, proven processes, and leading technology skills to ensure companies gain the maximum return on their investment. Sierra Systems is a Platinum member of the Oracle Partner Network which enables us to be early adopters of many new version releases. Our PeopleSoft Applications Center of Excellence includes an internal lab environment so that our consultants become fully acclimated to new PeopleSoft features and functionality, often before they are released to users.
Business Intelligence is a top technology priority for public sector CIOs. However, if not implemented properly, a BI solution can disrupt operations and cause more harm than good - and many people lack the expertise to do so themselves.
One helpful tool for implementing it properly is a BI roadmap. This issue brief outlines the benefits of using a BI roadmap to achieve public sector BI goals and the key steps along the way toward effective BI implementation.Download the Business Intelligence Roadmap White Paper now
Governments collect and manage vast amounts of data. But turning that data into information, and using that information to intelligently manage government operations and constituent services is a huge challenge. An important prerequisite to implement any business intelligence system is creating a roadmap and plan.
This webinar features the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services and shares its successful process for building such a BI roadmap.
Watch the webinar now.